What We Do
At SAWs, we build freedom one ramp at a time. Our ADA-compliant ramp provides access to the community for those who have been trapped inside their home due to a disability. We seek to transform the lives of our ramp recipients and our volunteers through meaningful service.
Who We Serve
SAWs serves individuals who are trapped in their home due to their financial circumstance and physical disability. A ramp gives them access to the community and enables them to leave their home independently. Generous corporations like yours make it possible for us to provide quality ramps at no cost to the low income people we serve.
What We Provide
- An opportunity to increase visibility in the community
- A morale-building team experience for employees
- All the tools and materials needed to build a quality ramp
- A seasoned project manager to lead a successful team-building experience
- An opportunity to change someone’s life in a tangible way
- Proof for Great Places to Work recognition
- A SAWs t-shirt for each volunteer
How We Recognize You
- Yard sign with your company logo during the build
- Photo with your team and the recipient with the finished ramp
- Social media postings with photos of your build
Who Can Volunteer?
We welcome volunteers of all ages. No experience necessary.
When Can We Build?
We build ramps March through December, beginning when the ground thaws and ending the season when it freezes. Several companies build multiple ramps with us every season. We can create a customized schedule that helps you achieve your team-building goals.
How To Sign Up
- Recruit a team of 6-12 volunteers
- Identify 3 dates that would work for your team
- Financial support is required (typically between $1500 – $5000). If you need help fundraising, please contact Bob Richmond.
- Complete Schedule Your Build request by clicking Schedule Build button
For financial support above and beyond a team build, we recognize you as a Funding Partner through:
- Yard signs on builds that you make possible
- Your logo on the Funding Partners page of our website
- Your logo in SAWs quarterly newsletter
- Social media shout outs
- Feature story in SAWs quarterly newsletter