Covid-19 Update: Ramp Builds Indefinitely Postponed
We want to thank you for serving as a volunteer with SAWS. Our work is life-changing and will continue but right now the health and safety of our volunteers and clients is our primary objective.
We know that maintaining social distance is the best way to prevent the spread of this virus and under the advisement of our Government Officials, the Board and Staff have decided that SAWs will postpone ALL ramp builds indefinitely until our Governor feels it safe for people to be in groups again.
It is our hope that we will resume soon after the “stay at home order” is lifted. We may have to resume operations in a small group capacity with no more than 10 individuals being amongst each other. We will visit this option once able to be back at the office.
1. The office will be closed except for staff. If you need something from the office or warehouse, please call ahead to be sure a staff member is present.
2. Surveying will continue under the following conditions. (Please be certain to follow these guidelines. It is critical for you AND our clients.):
- No direct face-to-face contact with the client.
- Do not enter the client’s home. If communication is needed with the client, please call them.
- If they have requested a sketch of the proposed ramp, please offer to send it to them in an email or as a picture on your phone.
- Please use your best caution while out doing site surveys. Keep in mind your health and safety as well as the client we are serving.
3. Prefabrication will not resume until further notice.
4. Ramp installations will cease until further notice.
We will endeavor to keep you informed and be in touch as soon as we are able to resume operations. In the meantime, we continue to plan for the upcoming build season. If you have any questions, please contact the following staff:
Emily Barrow: Outreach Coordinator
Rafe Mount: Operations Manager